McDowell County: Marion


Seal of McDowell County
Location of McDowell County
County Seat population (2016): 7,849
A little bit of my family lives in McDowell County, so it was no surprise that it was one of the first counties I visited.

In the shortest way I can put it, McDowell is kinda Buncombe's little brother that wants people from Buncombe to move to there, but really all people do in it is drive through it to get to Asheville. Marion is your average small town. Plenty of things to do, with not too much people around to ruin it. Also the natural landscape is beautiful.

I didn't take much pictures of Marion, probably because I've been there a million times, but I did get the courthouse. It was a very windy day.

Courthouse in Marion 

Comments

  1. Marion is beautiful and has lots to offer and lots to be proud of...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts